We’ve had some fantastic, funny (and a tad cheeky!) cards added to our catalogue lately, and this sparked an idea from our CEO Andy… Why send a card to a friend for them to throw away after a matter of days? With so many brilliant designs, wouldn’t it be great if you could give them something to carry around with them, spreading the word about thortful and building your brand awareness wherever they go?
thortful are launching a new add-on to cards, to make them last that little bit longer and mean that little bit more: Keepsake Cards will give customers the option to make their card into a handy notebook for the recipient to keep!
The Keepsake Cards will contain around 50 sheets of premium 120gsm paper, which can be lined or plain, and will feature any message which the sender chooses to add on the inside cover. The same high-quality card stock will be used for the printed design and the same information will be featured on the back, highlighting your brand name and bio (just like on your cards!).
What’s the idea behind Keepsake Cards?
We think that it’s a real shame that beautifully designed, carefully printed cards are left to sit on a mantelpiece for just a week or so before they’re usually thrown away. We believe that your designs are so great that they are worth keeping – and we think our customers will agree!
Why is this great for you?
This is a unique product which isn’t available anywhere else! We think this will be a great way to give thortful another unique selling point and give buyers all the more reason to choose thortful over other brands out there! More customers for us means more people admiring and buying your designs, and of course this means more of those industry-leading royalties for you 🙂 And what’s more, when customers choose your Keepsake Card they’ll be giving you valuable brand exposure wherever they take it!
Things to note:
- We will be launching Keepsake Cards in time for Valentine’s 2017, so expect to see your cards being bought as a Keepsake version early next year.
- We are still working on the envelopes for these special cards, but we are hoping to offer thortful grey ones which are slightly larger and sturdier.
- Whilst we will only offer the Keepsake option for both portrait and landscape oriented cards, we will only be offering lined paper for portrait designs, as we can currently only support it in this format.
- You won’t need to change your design templates, as we will simply copy the ~5mm along the left-hand side of the image file, and print this along the spine (see our mock-up below!).
- This means that your current designs will be printed exactly the same as your cards on the front and the back, but with beautiful notebook paper inside!
See your design as a Keepsake Card!
As one of our valued creators, we’re going to be giving you the opportunity to purchase one of your designs as a Keepsake Card for a discounted price ahead of our launch (and you’ll still get your 50p royalty on this purchase – think of it as an EXTRA discount!).. We’ll let you know when the systems are in place to produce Keepsake Cards, and give you the full details on how to get your hands on one early next year.
If you can’t find the answer here then drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Small print:
Have a licensing agreement which will interfere with offering your design as a Keepsake Card? Not to worry: you can choose to opt any design out of the Keepsake Card option – just drop us an email. We’ll also be building in a button below each card on your profile, so soon you’ll be able to control this yourself.